NAP PTV 5/6/7XX flybacks

Just a heads up. You CAN replace a 364071-6 with a -7, I have now done it. It came out perfect, no picture size differences, no geometry problems and since the set has a full blown isolated SMPS there should be absolutley no safety problem.

There was apparently a big problem getting the -6 so I didn't think, and told them just get me a -7, since it replaced the -5 and -4 I think, and who knows what else. The -6 is a bit of an oddball though.

Upon further investigation I found that sets using the -6 version have a bit of a different HV distribution scheme. Originally my words were "the dash seven replaces the rest, so just get me one of them" Big mistake ??????

OK I discovered that the -7 has more to it, but I reported to the powers that be that it had MORE pins, not LESS, so there is hope.

The extra pin on the flyback, you ground. Whatever wire that went there goes to the same circuit point, easiest way is to remove the jumper below and just solder the wire in. Don't ground the wire, but do ground the flyback pin, it can be done with a solder bridge easily if you examine the board. Of course you do squinch those holddowns and pull them off, but no other modifications are necessary.

In these sets, HV feedback is not provided by the flyback and therefore regulation need not be tampered with. The set came on with normal raster size and convegence was close. Once customer convergence was set it was good. Within two raster lines all the way to the edges. Inside of 1", perfect, easily within one raster line. This means HV regulation was not upset. (there would be red and blue vert line errors at the sides)

To sum it up, the wire goes to the same circuit point as it did, but where it was connected is covered by the flyback, just disconnect it and move it. I decided to ground the extra pin of the flyback in case it was an open ended feedback resistor.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

I have more part #'s for that one:

NAP (Philips/Magnavox) had lots of problems with those white colored flyback transformers, all of these have the same part #'s:

PCB location:T900

Philips Generic # 364071-1 Philips Generic # 364071-4 Philips Generic # 364071-5 Philips Generic # 364071-6 Philips Generic # 364071-7 Philips # 4835-140-67081 Philips # 4835-140-67102 Philips # 4835-140-67128 Asti Magnetics # 2765 Asti Magnetics # 2766

Sako # SV-72765 Sako # SV-72766

Sidney Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to