viewsonic lcd monitor

You did not have to post this question 2 times.

> > Obviously there is a component that is temperature sensitive. When > the > monitor is heating up, the component starts to go off value. > > You can usually find these with a heat gun, and a can of freeze-spray. > You > can heat and cool the various areas until you zero in on the faulty > component(s). Most of the time capacitors cause this type of fault > in- > these- > monitors. > > The components in your monitor are mostly surface mount types. You > will- > have- > to have the parts source and the proper tools, and be prepared to do- > surface- > mount type soldering to change most any of the defective parts you > find. > > Normally Viewsonic, as like the rest of these manufactures, hardly > service > these boards at the component level. They change the complete > circuit- > board,- > and then use their interface system to do the setup of the new board > if > necessary. As for parts and service information, they do no sell this > to- > non- > authorized contractors for them. Unless you are very innovated, in the > end > you will probably have to send them the monitor for service. > > --- > > > It was probably a glitch with his news reader, not a big deal. > > Also he said he already tried freeze spray, I'm surprised that it > didn't > locate the problem though as it does sound like a thermal issue.

thanks for your reply,I thought it was a heat related problem also that is why i freeze misted all components but to no avail! i still have not found any components that are breaking down thermaly,you are probably correct in sumising that the monitor has to be repaired by a factory authorised service centre but i thought that i would get lucky and repair this at component level since i don't believe in changing boards unless absoulutely necessary.

--
tbmanitou
Reply to