Mos fet alternative

I have a fet marked up as a MK3L 9123 but I am unable to find a supplier using google anybody know a equivalent? Kevin

--
Reply Address does work ??
Reply to

I have a fet marked up as a MK3L 9123 but I am unable to find a supplier using Google anybody know a equivalent? UK would be nice Kevin

--
Reply Address does work ??
Reply to

Mitsubishi did a series of FETs MK.. early 1990s

N Cook

I guess this is what seperates the $30/hour teks from the $15/hour techs. You need to look at the application.

If an N channel you need to figure out if they are giving it negative or positive drive. That tells you if it's enhancement or depletion. If it's a power FET it is most likely enhancement, the reason for which is beyond the scope of this text.

Just WHERE is this FET ? At the input side of an audio amp, in a switchmode PS ? the application matters the most. If it's a chopper for SMPS and the line voltage is 110 you need about a 400V unit, if 220 you need about a 900V unit. Current is the next concern, just what does the thing run ? A wattage rating on the back panel might shed some light on this.

Or is it in an RF application ? If so these are the hardest for which to figure out a replacement.

I know it's not easy for everybody, but if you could draw just a partial schematic of the circuit it's in it would be "worth a thousand words". If you HAVE a schematic all you need to do is scan a part of it and we'll know what is needed.

If you do draw and/or scan DO NOT post it to the NG as a binary, everybody gets pissed off about that. Almost every ISP gives you some FTP space, upload it and throw a link in here.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

On Fri, 06 May 2005 21:18:24 GMT, "Funfly3" put finger to keyboard and composed:

FWIW, the "9123" is probably a YYWW date code.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar