Monitor doesn't wake up

I've got a Sony CPD-E200E which doesn't start after 15 days without plug in . The led is flashing, the screen is black and it make a soft ticking. I saw other monitors to behave like mine. Do you know how to resolve it?

Reply to
italomax

Proper troubleshooting would be necessary. Most likely the failure is in the scan amplifiers, and or in the power supply section. There are many types of components that can cause a failure. There is no point in guessing.

You should take your monitor in for an estimate to see if it is worth to service. More than likely, it would be more feasible to replace it with a new one.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

It's likely a shorted component in the power supply, it shouldn't be too terribly hard to fix for someone who knows what they're doing, Sony monitors are not the best choice for a first timer though.

Reply to
James Sweet

Did you try the old "hit it to see if it works"?

Luck you the service manual is available online:

Someone

If it's ticking then that won't do anything, something is shorted. Still obviously hitting it isn't a fix, but it can occasionally narrow down the problem somewhat.

Reply to
James Sweet

I've fixed my monitor. I've changed the C610 condenser (330=B5F/450V) placed after the line voltage rectifier. Thank you for your answers expecially for the precious diagrams.

Reply to
italomax