ML-1610 lost its way

After a period of non-use I pulled my Samsung ML-1610 back into service, an d put in a new cartridge (since then I've put in yet another in the thought s that the problem lies there) and fired her up.

When fully cold the printer prints out about half to two-thirds of the test page and then pauses. It then ejects the test page and proceeds to give sh ort bursts of movement (gears turn about a half turn, fuser lights up for t he same second or two) lather, rinse, repeat. I've let it run on this way f or several minutes and the only variability that I notice is that the brief bursts vary in length from a second to a bit longer, otherwise it is just the same old while the OnLine/Error light flashes its error signal.

I've taken off the various covers and checked for stray paper on a sensor, blew some compressed air on anything that might resemble dust, but the prob lem persists. It feels as though the unit has 'lost its way' but I don't kn ow how to help reset it.

Any thoughts will be most appreciated! Best, ED

Reply to
ephraim.becker

From cold , heat the ps electros, what happens to functions? let cool down When warmed up normally blast electros , in turn, what happens to functions

Reply to