Mitsubishi VS-6085

I have a Mitsubishi VS-6085 that is about 10 years old. The set turns on and the audio works, however, there is no video. The menu display comes up on the screen and it allows me to cycle through the menu, but when I input video or cable, again, there is sound, just no picture. Going off of what I've read, I believe it could be the PIP card. Does anyone know how to determine which circuit board in the tv is the PIP board and how to bypass it?

Reply to
boozer

Boozer,

This is a V14 chassis....it does not suffer from the infamous PIP issue.

Not to say that it couldn't be the PIP circuit...but this is not the easily/commonly bypassed one

= ========================= Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

Any idea to what it might be? I recently had a tube replaced and figure if it isn't too much more to get the set fixed, it is worth it.

Reply to
boozer
30-60 bad caps throughout the unit. Google Mitsubishi and capacitors for much discussion on finding the bad ones.

Leonard'

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet