Mitsubishi VS-50703 repair qoute $900.00

I called a shop today and they qouted me $800.00 to $ 900.00 TO FIX a Mitsubishi VS-50703 that has a leaky projection tube which has leaked onto and shorted the main board! They said 3 days of work, $800 is just for labor. Is this legit?

Reply to
chaseme5

Just serviced one. IF the main board is totaled it's $250 for a new board and then labor. IF repairable, most of the time it is, labor to repair can be expensive as you have to find the traces that have been opened by electrolysis. But it should be less than a new board.

Max for your repair here would be $470.00. The last one I repaired was $220 and I fixed two open traces cleaned and sealed the board as well as installed a drip shield.

What is the symptom(s)?

Reply to
Jeff Rigby