Mitsubishi DiamondPro 2020u monitor - pop sound and no more picture

I was watching a movie on the computer. Coincidently, the movie had a little fire busrting into a big flame in the centre of the screen. I heard a pop then bright light dimming from the center. I turned the monitor on and off a few times and then giving up on it. Can anyone tell me what causes it and does it worth fixing (how much $$)?

Thanks for your time in advance.

dh

Reply to
Neuro

Something blew in the monitor. There are many parts that can do what you described. The monitor would have to be opened and properly troubleshooted. Normally, this does not pay when considering the cost of the labour and parts.

If the monitor is still under warranty, send it back. If not, then its time for a new one.

--

JANA _____

Thanks for your time in advance.

dh