MESR-100 METER SHORTED

Hi Group, can someone help please? I was working on a Hisense 40" LED TV, T esting the CAPS in circuit with the power on(plugged in), with the MESR-100 v2.3 meter and accidentally crossed the leads on the meter testing a cap, on the power supply and as far as i know, I only blew the fuse on the board , I removed 8 caps from the board and tested them with the meter and they a ll tested -0.00 I know that is not a correct reading, when initially turnin g on the meter it supposed to read OL now reads .729... so i tested the cap s with a DMM and found three bad caps. can this meter be fixed?? any sugges tions on this matter will be taken seriously, Thanks..

Reply to
Stu jaxon

Usual rebooting stuff first: Remove the battery, hold down the on/off switch for 30 seconds. Then try again. Please report back.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

did not work, still reading -0.00...

Reply to
Stu jaxon

I expect that it is toast, then.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Look at it as an expensive lesson learned the hard way.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

If you buy another ESR meter without voltage protection, try putting 2 power diodes in parallel across the input. Tie the cathode of one to the anode of the other. It has protected my Bob Parker meter for years.

Reply to
Chuck

^ ^ I I I--II--I I I

Like this>

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Bob Parker meters are good to 50VDC...

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson