ESR meter

I built the poptronics esr meter with a FAR circuit board. when i check a regular cap it works as it should but when i check a electolitic it generates about 5 to 10 % more voltage at the meter than when the probes are touched and the meter is zeroed out. I have checked all componet location & polarity 3 times and the voltages are good checked with meter & O scope. any ideas? Dan

Reply to
danbob5

The first Poptronics article was absolutely riddled with drafting errors. Later they brought out a lot of corrections. Have you incorporated those corrections into your meter?

Bob

"danbob5" wrote:

Reply to
Bob Parker

Please consider buying an EVB ESR meter. This piece of equipment is great. I don't know what is your purpose of checking ceramic or polyester caps because they almost never wear out. Regular ohm meter should be fine for those.

Antti OH7GLS

Reply to
Antti Panula