Magneto Coil Rewinding

I've not rewound one for ten years or so but will probably have to in a couple of weeks. Previously I've unwound a large old HV cap , stripping off the foil from the paper and using that paper for inter-winding wrap before winding on the next run of turns. Is there a source of new material, impregnated paper or plastic film presumably also? Also best material/process for coating/impregnating the outer surface against damp/condensation ?

N Cook