Irreversible temperature sensitive labels

For long term indication of in-service maximum temperatures Anyone know of (UK preferably ) supplier of labels with more range and less precision than the likes of the usual 5 temperatures in small ranges like,

116-138 degC 171-193 degC 204-260 degC say 5 temperature range of 70,100,130,160,200 on single labels

N Cook

less

I may make my own rough indicators. So a few common tested materials

Photocopier toner wiped onto paper label starts fusing about 90 degrees C White soap rubbed onto paper label turns brown at about 160 degrees. From a selection of those small circular sticky backed paper circles of different colours, the blue one changed most to very dark blue at about 200 deg C and flourescent green one became ordinary green. Mylar plastic sheet starts crinkling up at 120 deg C , totally melting by

180 deg. Any other ideas ?

N Cook

A simple Google search for crayon temperature uk found this site. There were others.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

like,

200

One other material I'd overlooked is thermal paper for fax or till roll

N Cook

by

The till roll paper I tried started to go blue at 75 deg C , so an assorment of punched out paper dots with appropriate coatings/impregnations and high temp glue should give a reasonable idea of max temps

Reply to
N Cook

You can buy ready made temp sensitive labels you know.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

Do a search on temp-spy+adhesive. There are several results.

Ian.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

and

degrees

of

about

melting

roll

high

"Model TS3 covers a narrow range of approximately 20°C with 3 indicators." I'm already perfectly aware of such labels but my OP referred to a much more extended range of temps, which I've yet to see examples of or be pointed to.

N Cook

In message , N Cook writes

Have you clicked on 'Catalog'? Whal seem to have a fair selection of ranges. Ian.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.