Magnetic reed switch needed

1 inch long micro size glass capsule used on the counter pulley of a Tascam rack mount cassette deck to sense take up reel motion. Haven't really looked around yet but thought I would toss this out here in case someone had ordered these OEM. We used to get these right from Teac back in the good old days when I worked on these for the factory. I have a later model deck for parts that is similar but Teac saw the error of their ways and switched to a photo interrupter.
Reply to
Meat Plow

One easily obtained source is door and window closed sensors used in household burglar alarms. But most decent electronics suppliers should have the capsules on their own. The ones I've seen are roughly the dimensions you've given.

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Meat Plow wrote: (X-No-Archive)

The surplus houses are worth a scan:

JeffM

Hmmm good idea!

Reply to
Meat Plow

Try All Electronics:

I found several sizes there the last time I needed to replace an OEM switch (liquid flow meter).

John

Reply to
news