Magnavox 25" CRT Tuner Prob?

Have a 25" Magnavox CRT TeWee Chassis 25X605-00BB. This has a zillion hours on it; still runs/displays like new. It's on a digital converter, so always on CH3. Starting a couple weeks ago, on cold start, the picture jitters for a few seconds, then stabilized. Now, on cold start, the picture is scrambled with diagonal, horizontal slant. The audio is OK, but overlaid with a high frequency warble, which modulates with the shifting video scramble. The channel stays locked on CH3. After about 2 minutes, the picture snaps clear, and the set runs fine until shutdown. Since it has no screen drive problems, I assume the tuner is failing. Would it be reasonable to consider replacing the tuner. JR

-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses

-------------------------------------------------------------- Dependence is Vulnerability:

-------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."

Reply to
JR North

copy then paste this page address

mark

I was about to say it sounds like a power stability issue, when I followed the last link. So yea... Probably follow through on those instructions.

Reply to
Sansui Samari

Reply to
JR North