Mackie SR24.4

Does anyone have any experience with the Mackie SR24.4

A customer asked if I could repair one which he said had a power issue.

So I was hoping for an easy power supply repair but on opening it I find this in channel 11.

s651.photobucket.com/user/jbloggs2/library

Sorry Mr Customer I don't think it's going to be repairable.

Reply to
John Smith

** It might take a bit of time and work, but that looks repairable to me.

Mackie don't bother to de-couple each channel with fusible resistors in case of a short. Op-amps can be the cause and then PSU delivers up to 20 watts of heat into one - starting a small fire.

I would start by removing all the burnt parts and seeing if the PSU fault is cleared.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yes I probably could repair it by cutting out the burn, bridging the tracks, and remaking the circuit on the back of the board with a DIP version of the opamp (if it's a failed opamp) and the relavant components.

However the customer has decided not to go that far and just wants the channel 1-14 board disconnected.

Reply to
John Smith