Mackie SR24.4

Does anyone have any experience with the Mackie SR24.4

A customer asked if I could repair one which he said had a power issue.

So I was hoping for an easy power supply repair but on opening it I find this in channel 11.

s651.photobucket.com/user/jbloggs2/library

Sorry Mr Customer I don't think it's going to be repairable.

Reply to
John Smith

It could be a failed tant cap across a power buss. At the very least you should be able to isolate this channel and have a 23 channel mixer. Mark

Reply to
makolber

I'll wait and see what the customer wants to do.

Taking the board off will be the only way to see exactly what component failed, but why so much board area? It's almost like heat started something and it spread. Did the board go conductive with heat?

The rest of it works with the 14 channel board isolated.

Reply to
John Smith

Graphite is conductive, so yeah, once the resin, or solder-mask, is hot enough to form charcoal the damage will spread.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to