Most novel LED flasher ?

Hi group

Anyone got below 4 parts + LED (rules :- no chips with more than 4 pins, no PUTs or UJT's, no inductors, no hand picled parts ) ?

So far I have got down to 6 parts + LED, using a regulator IC .

-Andre

Reply to
Andre

I would cheat: take an 8-pin PIC and remove the 5 unneeded pins (after programming, because that requires 5 pins).

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------

PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

Reply to
Wouter van Ooijen (www.voti.nl

Logic NOT gate in SOT-23-4 package + resistor + capacitor = 3 parts. Two transistors + resistor + capacitor = 4 parts.

Self flashing LED = no parts

:)

Vladimir Vassilevsky, Ph.D.

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

Andre wrote:

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

1 resistor 1 Thermostat taped to resisitor ----- 2 Parts
kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

1 mosfet 1 resistor

(Guess how?)

John

Is a battery included in the 'parts'? And how many times does it need to flash? Whatever happened to UJTs? sigh....

Reply to
A E

0 parts: Flashing LED

?Ref=7498&Cat=31785799

--

Regards,

Boris Mohar
Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs http://www3.sympatico.ca/borism/
Aurora, Ontario
Reply to
Boris Mohar

Hi

If we could use hand pickled parts, just what would we do with them? Think... light emiting diode... will a pickle behave as a diode? if so, the hand pickled onion can be our light emitting diode, with the help of about 240v. Aha, as it burns up it may well flicker and flash to some extent too.

I like the idea of cutting some pins off that 8 pin IC better - bit more practical :)

BTW would the fork prongs be classed as pins? Mind you, if its not a chip, it could have as many pins as you like according to your above spec. So you cant eat the pickle with chips.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

---------------------- Gate capacitance?: High-valued resistor from Vdd to Gate, connect Gate to Drain, LED from Vdd to Drain, Source to Ground.

-Steve

--
-Steve Walz  rstevew@armory.com   ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!!  With Schematics Galore!!

Someone wrote..

Use a LDO regulator with the wrong output capacitors to make it unstable - can't be sure it will oscilate at the right freq though.

Reply to
CWatters

You win! You win!

Rob

Reply to
Rob Judd

"Andre" a écrit dans le message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

What about a fluorescent lamp starter (and maybe a shunt R)?

Fred.

Reply to
Fred Bartoli

OK, here's an easy one:

1 SOT-23 TinyLogic gate

1 resistor

1 capacitor

John

In article , snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com mentioned...

flash?

Just 1 part, a buzzer or relay connected as a buzzer. Maybe a current limiting resistor. Nothing was said about flash rate. If that is too fast, add weight to the armature to slow down the flash rate.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###

Apply tiny current through a blue LED backwards. Now run it under normal conditions. It will flicker and flash as its damaged crystal burns away.

Reply to
Kevin McMurtrie

No I limit resistor in series with the LED? So what's the supply voltage?

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:

Watson A.Name - 'Watt Sun'

Whatever makes the LED look good. If the resistor is big enough, you can leave out the cap!

John

Hi

another one: resistor + capacitor + neon to make a neon flasher. Supply V should be close to neon Vbreakdown. Now put LED in series with the R so LED lights during C charging, but goes out as C nears Vmax.

Of course you dont need the LED, you could in most cases leave that out.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Apply a really tiny current through a standard LED. It will emit photons more or less randomly. Only need a resistor.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/    |  mailto:inquisitor@i.am |             Ian Stirling.
Prosperity and ruin issue from the power of the tongue.

Which brings to mind the flasher that is shown on some electronics websites. It is a LED and a C-B junction of a transistor, connected so that it is reverse biased, and also a capacitor. It's here

under Circuits, #23. The ones I've built don't work. This is similar to a neon light flasher.