LXI TV

27 " LXI, 15 years old. Suddenly not responsive to video controls (birghtness, contrast, etc). The sliders move on the menu screen but the picture does not adjust. Looks like everthing has gone to a maxxed out setting.

Mod 43908 Ser 233556088 Cha CTC 169AS2 Aug 1992

Reply to
The Doctor

What is your level of experience? Retrace in pix? Any measurements taken?

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Len -

I am not a TV tech per se, however I do have formal education in EE and a fair amount of experience.

Yes.

No. The only test equipment I own is a Fluke multimeter.

This unit is one of several in the establishment where I work. I was hoping that the symptoms might point to something specific - perhaps some kind of control board fault. Just trying to save the boss some money. If you think it could be something like an open resistor or diode I could probably track it down. As I said, I'm not a TV tech so don't lose me in the technical jargon. OTOH, if it isn't worth it...

Regards - tony

Reply to
The Doctor

ctc 169 had problems with the video driver transistor check it and replace q290something

Reply to
nipperchipper