terminology for a part/component

I don't happen to know what is shown in

called. What would you call these? Are they easily attainable at Home Depot or Canadian Tire, or are they attainable at electrical supply stores? Thanks.

Reply to
ssylee

Looks like a potentiometer (pot for short), and not a very standard one at that. There's thousands of different kinds of pots, and finding the right one can sometimes be an exercise of futility. It would help a lot to know what device this comes from. A lot of the time for pots the best bet is contacting the device's manufacturer directly. They can be surprisingly helpful!

-JD

Reply to
jdiaz5513

This is not a potentiometer. It's a light bulb contact point holder. The rotary knob is actually a switch. Not sure if it helps further on narrowing down what it's called.

Thanks

Reply to
ssylee

It is a common lamp part.

If the link doesnt work, search for 'Candle Socket'

All Leviton Products > Lampholders > Incandescent > Candle Socket

Michael A. Terrell

It's a bottom turn knob lampholder. Normally insulation covers the shell where the bulb screws in. Here's a similar part at Lowes.

Does Home Despot carry lamp parts?

Reply to
spamtrap1888

Thanks. "Candle socket" is the phrase that I'm looking for. Thank you very much for your help.

Reply to
ssylee

No problem. I was fixing lamps before I was 10. :)

Michael A. Terrell

Just wondering, I have another type of candle socket as shown in

and
What type of candle contact would this be?

Reply to
ssylee