lg monitor no hv

hi once again dear groups!!!

my lg monitor model- 520si has just gone yesterday w/ a smoke. Upon visual inspection of the pcb, i found 1 1/4 watt resistor (r843) near the flyback area which was burnt and its value cannot be recognized. Anybody knows its value and send it to me? By the way, i replaced it with 100 ohm resistor. it turns on but no high voltage. I measured the voltage on the secondary of the psu and its normal during standby mode (according to the voltage info in the pcb).But when it receives the signal from the computer,the light turns green and i hear a whisling sound coming from the smps transformer. Still no high voltage and heater not lit. During this phase, i measured the voltage and it goes down at a significant value. tested hot, but its ok. i removed the HOT and turn on. measured the voltage coming from the power supply, its ok. it didnt go down. So i suspect a defect in the horizontal output stage. Has someone encountered this prob already? any direction pplease...

thanks in advance,

ian b

Reply to
yhan