Laptop LCD

Hello,

I have a laptop and the video ribbon cable got messed up.

I then purchased a new one and looked at the diagram online etc.

It appears that I need to connect it to the motherboard underneath the keyboard and then to the back of the LCD.

My question is this:

Is it safe to work on the LCD with the battery out of the laptop and power off of course... meaning could I be shocked at all?

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm new to repairs. The laptop is really old and not worth that much so I don't care if it doesn't work and I don't want to take it to a repair shop.

Thanks!

Reply to
John

Stop! Get the service manual. What is the make and model?

--
Adrian C
Reply to

Das Machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren musten keepen das cotten-pickenen hands in das pockets - relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.

Reply to
1D10T

This sign was often seen afixed to computer cabinets in the 50's and 60's; I first saw it attached to an LGP-30. I seem to remember even seeing it in some old issue of Life or was it Datamation. Does anyone know its actual origin?

Michael

Reply to
msg

It's a Dell LS.

I tried to install the ribbon and my screen is still just white.

I can hear the laptop boot up normally though.

Reply to
John

Dell Lattiude LS what? Mever mind, hope you found the troubleshooting section of the manual and followed the cautions.

Does not sound good that. You sure you haven't whacked the brightness on full, or switched video output to an external monitor, or jammed the lid switch? or used the cable for the wrong type screen or something?

--
Adrian C
Reply to