Cable connection failed

Hi there,

I tried to connect my LPT1 with a digilab 2e board by using a parallel

4 cable (JTAG).

I startet IMPACT and the automatically boundary scan. But I'm always received this message:

Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1).

Checking cable driver.

Driver windrvr.sys version = 5.0.5.1.

Installing WinDriver...

Failed.

Service using windrvr.sys : SYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWinDriver.

ImagePath = SystemRootSystem32driverswindrvr.sys.

DisplayName = WinDriver.

Start = 2.

ErrorControl = 1.

Type=1.

Cable connection failed.

Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT2).

Checking cable driver.

Driver windrvr.sys version = 5.0.5.1.

Installing WinDriver...

Failed.

Service using windrvr.sys : SYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWinDriver.

ImagePath = SystemRootSystem32driverswindrvr.sys.

DisplayName = WinDriver.

Start = 2.

ErrorControl = 1.

Type=1.

Cable connection failed.

Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT3).

Checking cable driver.

Driver windrvr.sys version = 5.0.5.1.

Installing WinDriver...

Failed.

Service using windrvr.sys : SYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWinDriver.

ImagePath = SystemRootSystem32driverswindrvr.sys.

DisplayName = WinDriver.

Start = 2.

ErrorControl = 1.

Type=1.

Cable connection failed.

Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT4).

Checking cable driver.

Driver windrvr.sys version = 5.0.5.1.

Installing WinDriver...

Failed.

Service using windrvr.sys : SYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWinDriver.

ImagePath = SystemRootSystem32driverswindrvr.sys.

DisplayName = WinDriver.

Start = 2.

ErrorControl = 1.

Type=1.

Cable connection failed.

Connecting to cable (COM1 Port).

Cable connection failed.

Cable connection failed.

Cable connection failed.

Cable connection failed.

CB_PROGRESS_END - End Operation.

Elapsed time = 28 sec.

Cable autodetection failed.

GUI --- Switch to File Mode

I tried to use the same cable with a laptop and it works. I checked my LPT1 Port with a printer and the port works ok.

The Port in the Bios is set to ECP. The drivers "windrvr.sys" and "xpc4drvr.sys" are in the system32/driver directory. I checked the fliset.txt and install.log, both are ok. I installed Xilinx 6.1.03i again. I installed the sevicepack 4. Between the installing were some error messages. The software can't copy some files.

I'm using a PC from DELL with windows2000.

I don't know what i can do now, please help me.

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel