kenwood amp automatically shuts off

i have a kenwood amp that i have used for 4-5 years and lately it would randomly shut off by itself while in use. when it happens the power light would start flashing until i press power again then it would go back to standby mode. if i press power one more time then it goes back on. depending on my luck, it would either stay on or turn back off after 3 seconds.

has anyone experienced the same thing? please help cuz i'm a newbie! thanks.

--
netwebcenter
Reply to

i have a kenwood amp that i have used for 4-5 years and lately it would randomly shut off by itself while in use. when it happens the power light would start flashing until i press power again then it would go back to standby mode. if i press power one more time then it goes back on. depending on my luck, it would either stay on or turn back off after 3 seconds.

has anyone experienced the same thing? please help cuz i'm a newbie! thanks.

--
netwebcenter
Reply to
netwebcenter

Either bad joints in the output stages, or a bad speaker / wiring. Any disturbance in the outputs, or significant drop in load impedance, will result in this protect mode engaging

Geoff

Reply to
Arfa Daily

try cleaning the dust out of it., sounds like it's getting hot!

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Make sure your speakers are 8 ohms, if they go any lower, like from paralleling speakers, that will drop the ohms to 4. Which can trip the amp.

----- Original Message ----- From: "netwebcenter" Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 2:18 PM Subject: kenwood amp automatically shuts off

Reply to
Donald

my speakers came with the amp...but i'm going to unplug them and check out the connection. thanks.

--
netwebcenter
Reply to