JVC tv problems

I have a 27" jvc flat tube tv (av-27wf36) and it has a few problems. for one, unless i turn the contrast level down pretty low, the picture will shrink and expand when there is a change in brightness (like an explosion in a movie, for example) there is also a dark kind of "line" running down the left side of the screen. its not very noticable but its there if you look hard enough.

is my tv messed up? or is it possibly a problem with the house wiring? I dont know enough about electonics to figure it out however, I do have a 3 year service plan on my tv. should I take it in tio get fixed?

Reply to
<no

Bad electrolytics in the screen supply? Faulty B+ regulation? Unless you open er up and do some technical troubleshooting with test equipment at your end all you will get is wild guesses. You should get it to a shop right away to get it fixed... if you nurse this along, the problem may get worse to the point that more expensive parts will fail and it won't work at all, thus a much more expensive repair. At the very least, take it to a shop for a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of guesses. electricitym

- - - - -

Reply to
electricitym