JVC S-VHSC GR-SX9 won't power on or eject, but led's light briefly.

Hi

I wonder if anyone out there in repair land knows this fault - pressing either the power or eject buttons just makes the respective LED's light for a second, but nothing else happens. A friend gave me the camcorder so I don't really want to go paying for repairs or buying a replacement, it's just for fun really (when it works). It did work fine for a while, then it started doing this intermittently, now it won't power on at all. I have tried from a fully charged battery and the mains adaptor, and it does it with or without a tape loaded. I took it apart but found no visible faults, reassembled it and it worked a couple of times, but now after resting for a couple of days it is back to not working again. I don't want to have to take it apart every time! Besides, I couldn't figure out how to get the circuit boards out - it all seems to be intertwined with wires that dissappear into the dark recesses.

Any help with this ancient beast would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
jonny_morrisuk