JVC HR-S9600U VHS VCR won't play/wind

I really don't want to throw a monkey wrench in, especially since I'm not sure, but wasn't the HR-S9600U the flagship model here in north america?

Didn't it use direct drive for everything?

I had some goofy model brought over from japan that seemed to be the same unit (or similar to the HRS10000U) with the addition of a built in satellite receiver (worthless in the u.s.) but I'm sure it didn't use a single rubber belt in it.

Maybe confusing it with a Toshiba or NEC I used to have but something is bugging me that it was the JVC that did that on the upper end "editing decks". A motor for everything, no belts.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

Pretty sure it was direct drive capstan; with a belt from there to the reel drive ass'y.

Could be wrong, sure, but I don't think I ever saw a JVC consumer unit with a direct drive reel motor.

mz

Reply to
Mark Zacharias