Jvc Av-56wp30

About a week ago I turned on my bigscreen and the red color was distorted in the upper left corner. Example- if there is a scrolling banner at the top of the screen, when it reaches the left side, the words split and the red words drop down about two inches below the blue/green words. I tried to use the convergence, but it wont move the red up at all. It will only move it left, right, and down further. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong??

--
Tim
Reply to

Likely partial convergence failure. ***CAUTION!!!!*** This is one of the JVC units that you have to unplug the set to prevent the "booby trap" eeprom info failure from light hitting the sensor. Be very carefull here!

You can do the convergence surgery through the front panel of this model without removing the back and setting off the booby trap.

Replace both STK convergence IC's, also check low value resistors. ..5, or 1.0 ohms approx. The booby trap is the optical sensor under a hole in the DVI metal box. Unplug power plug and wait a minute, remove panel, unplug all wires to the DVI module and you can work on it safely with power on.

Also you can work from front for convergence job only, if this model uses long retangular convergence board (no screws, held in place with snap hooks with metal box. you can get it out from front and reach deep to release one of cables from holders and unplug from the small stand up PCB.

Hope this helps, Dani.

Reply to
Dani

You dont think it is just a bad red gun, Dani?

--
Tim
Reply to