JVC 29" turns purple...

Hi!

I have a JVC 29" 100Hz television (AV-29TH3ENS). The problem is that when the TV has been on for abot 2-3 minutes, the whole picture becomes purple. If i restart the tv the picture is back to normal for a couple of seconds, but then it turns back to purple again. Any idea where the problem mmight be...?

Christian

Reply to
Lanzar

Bad solder connections on the CRT board, or on the main board where the drive signals come from. Rono.

Reply to
Rono

I have now checked for any cold solder, but everything looks fine. The picture is also blue tinted the first seconds when powered up. Then it becomes normal, and after a while it starts fluctuating to purple, and finaly its all purple tinted. Another problem is that when i push the volume+ on remote, then volume goes directly to max.

Reply to
Lanzar

~If it goes purple, do you mean it loses the green gun? I would suspect a faulty tube.- perhaps the heater going O/c or an internal short developing as it warms up. Here in the UK we had many tube problems with the 29" sets, although ours were made in France...by Philips !

AW

Reply to
JVC Dude

This set also has a Philips made tube. The picture becomes purple tinted, i don't know if the green is missing but probably. I can see all tree filaments glov in the tube... I have also tried tapping the neck while problem occurs, but no change.

Reply to
Lanzar