Japanese Industrial Standard phillips screwdrivers???

Where can I find good quality JIS phillips screwdrivers in sizes #00 - #2?

Are Snap On phillips screwdrivers with anti-camout ribs the same as the JIS screwdrivers?

In the UK, you'd look for Pozidrive. Philips has a different design of point.

--
*Fax is stronger than fiction *

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

IMOE and AFAICT the Japanese don't use Posi at all.

Reply to
budgie

No - but it's a closer match to their ISO screws than Philips.

--
*A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I guess that depends on the quality of Philips tool you use. I've found that Chinese (et al) "Philips" have lousy slot tolerances and the tools were never a decent fit, while all the Japanese gear I've worked on - and their automotive screws - all had a fine fit where you could fit a screw to a horizontal Philips shaft and it wouldn't fall off.

Reply to
budgie

I bought a 4-1 at sears. I'll have to search for the part number form you

Reply to
Doug

Try Jensen Tools, I have this set:

Regards, Bx