Is this fixable?

Alright I have a Panasonic CD player (SA-PM31) and the display area is always all lit up.. For example lets say I'm listening to a CD...the display shows Tape, CD, AM/FM... and for the time of the track thats all messed up.. Can anyone help me to fix this or should I just ship it for repairs?

Mike

Reply to
mikeleblanc19

So, you're saying it works fine but you just can't tell what it thinks it's doing? :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

All of the segments lit up at once on the display, is a very odd and unusual failure mode, that I can't remember ever having seen on one of these. Without a service manual, and a 'scope, I fear that you are not going to get too far with it, and you may have to consider letting a repair shop venture an opinion on it.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

quite likely bad connection to the lcd. See if wiggling the lcd slightly makes it work, if it does, check the lcd and rubber cnnecting strip are clean and seated correctly, and ensure the display is pressed onto it properly by the casing. If not, a thin card gasket can help. It could be something else, but this is common cause of such things.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Well thanks for the reply guys..I think i'll just bring it to the repair shop...I don't want to mess it up more than it is...

Mike

Reply to
mikeleblanc19