Is there ac IC that stores audio?

Please I am working on a project that should play back a pre-recorded audio voice, but need help as to how store and play back this audio when ever a beam (light-IR)is interrupted. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
fynnashba

Did you ever buy one of those musical birthday cards? They're like $5 and they contain a small PC, battery, IC, and speaker. They play 30 seconds or more of audio with decent fidelity.

The ones I've seen don't use an IC with a case, but the die is actually bonded to the PC and covered with epoxy to save cost.

So yes, there are such ICs. Even better, you can buy the IC, the circuit, and the battery already assembled:

Just add your IR circuit, maybe a small audio amp board and you're all set.

Reply to
John-Del

Thanks very much John exactly what I need, but unfortunately they dont ship to my country.

Reply to
fynnashba

What about this one:

HTH

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Here is a manual on the module. It lists the chip and shows the circuit for it.

ME-63.pdf

The chip is an ISD1820

I have bought a cople of those modules and they work very well.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery