Laptop Fan noise

Fan died. Replace a fan in a laptop.

New fan growls at low speed. Annoying. At high speed it just sounds like air blowing.

Why does it growl at low speed ?

Any fix ?

Something to do with the type of bearings ?

Anything to look for if I decide to replace again ?

Reply to
Kit

I would take it apart to make sure it was assembled correctly and no stray material (bit of paper or packing material) is inside or in the fan exhaust. Then if all looks good order a replacement fan as the one you purchased is likely defective. Contact the seller of the fan to see what their replacement policy is - assuming the inspection shows nothing

snuck in with the fan!

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

No need to take it apart. Just blow the dust and dirt out with compressed air.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn