Intel motherboard schematics

Anyone ever successfully acquired one? I doubt they exist but I thought I'd put it out here just in case. I have a 915GAC that lost its 12 volt CPU core power distribution and another for parts that has another unrelated fault.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Hi Meat, Why bother unless it is an expensive board, like over $200 to replace? The boards for the last ten years or so have been using Point of Load switching regulators right at the CPU. I don't think Intel would ever give a schematic to anyone but a certified repair house, so good lick with that. Bill Baka (XP/Ubuntu)

Reply to
Bill

Good luck........... ;)

if your a scavenger like me, i would have the board out of the case and power it up. Then look for filter caps that have no power. Once you find those, then back trace visually or with a fluke to the appropriate regulators on the board. That might send you on the right path.

Also, look close for any caps that look bulged at the top or crap on the bottom.. You might get lucky, but i am not optimistic.

bob

bob urz

Bill Inscribed thus:

There are some engineering example circuits from "Maxim" for those point of load PSU's. 100 amp @ 1.5v wow !

--
Best Reagrds:
                        Baron.

Well that would be 'something' at least. And yes the core of the CPU does eat gobs of power. Without actually looking I would guess at least 95 watts on a 3 ghz P4.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I'd love to see some MOBO schematics, not because I would actually need to use them; however I love reading schematics, and have always been interested in how they squeeze all that stuff into such a small amount of real estate. Something similar to 'Hacking The X-Box' would really be cool. John

Reply to
John

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 07:11:44 -0400, "John" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Here are several pre-1999 DTK motherboard and PSU circuits:

I'll eventually post the circuits for the original IBM PC AT if anyone is interested.

Here is the original AT floppy and MFM hard disc controller board:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Intel® 875P Chipset Customer Reference Board Schematics: For Use with Intel® 875P Chipset Platform Design Guide

Reply to
Andy

Thanks Franc!

Reply to