inside of a 1394 dv input/out in a camcorder? Anybody have pictures?

I am trying to figure out why my firewire port doesn't work anymore. I am wondering just how the inside of it works - where the pins meet, but I can't seem to find any information or images of what it looks like. Does anyone know? I have taken apart the cable, but not the camcorder (the camcorder has bent pins). I am hoping I can figure out where the pins are bent and how the cable and the input on the camcorder work together. Any help or images would be great.

Thanks

Reply to
David D

**I bet you have a Panasonic camcorder. This is a known sisue. 'Hot-swapping' is damaging to Firewire equipped products.

Trevor Wilson

Trevor Wilson