Infrared voting system?

I'm putting together a talent show and would like audience members to vote for performers using keypads. I think I need a bunch of infrared transmitters/keypads, a receiver, a computer, and some software. Does anyone have an idea where I can get the keypads and put together such a system inexpensively? Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Steve

IR will suck. Use RF.

NSM

Either RF or IR is likely to be a problem if 10 or 50 people all push the "vote" button at the same time. There are ways to enable this, but they are likely to be complex and costly.

Bill

-------------------

NSM wrote:

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

That's a different problem, but who wants to hear the whining if the IR signal doesn't register?

NSM

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

There you go. That should do it. Engineering a new solution will be very expensive.

NSM

room, shades of Theremin!

Think about dealing with line of sight issues.

NSM

It's been tried and works great.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

Yes, this product has already been developed and works well for instance at: estruction.com and educue.com. I would prefer to develop my own system to keep the cost down. Heterodyning! That sounds good. Do you think the transmitters and receivers on this website would do it for me?

Which ones should I order as samples? Thanks again for any info.

CJT wrote:

message

same

Reply to