If you are a very patriotic American, what resistor will you use?

This is a TRICK Question, Enter the value of that resistor below!

Reply to
oldschool

?Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.? - Samuel Johnson, 1775

And, while we are quoting:

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach thei r heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downrigh t moron." - H.L. Mencken

"American" Patriotism *requires* a complete reading of the US Constitution from end-to-end, noting those things *not* included (abortion for any reaso n, marriage, gay or otherwise, flag-burning, American or otherwise, specifi c religions, Christian or otherwise and a great deal "less". And then a ver y specific understanding of the 9th and 10th amendments in the Bill of Righ ts - which codify the singularly most important tenet of English Law (upon which the Constitution is based): What is not forbidden is permitted.

Not the answer you expected? So sorry!

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Zero

There are no patriots.

The terms patriotic and patriot have been co-opted, i.e stolen, by a bunch of terrorists in this country.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

WHat resistor?

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

I am thinking 29 meg ohms.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

As a patriot, I would use 20 Teraohms: That's about the size of our ever growing national debt at $1/ohm. The only problem with 20 Teraohms is that the value drifts upwards each year by about $500 billion, mostly from the US trade deficit:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Is that red white and blue?

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

This is a TRICK Question, Enter the value of that resistor below!

Most people on the planet do not live in North America.

You might want to reflect on that for a few seconds.

Gareth,

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

*** WE HAVE A WINNER ***

=- 29 MEG OHMS IS THE ANSWER -=

See here:

Dont forget to decorate your home with them on July 4th. :)

Reply to
oldschool

In that case, here is one for those who live in Mexico.

2.9 Meg Ohm

oldschool

In that case, here is one for those who live in Mexico.

2.9 Meg Ohm

Mexico is South America.

There are further places than that.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Somehow I'm slightly comforted by the fact that as a percentage of GDP, our debt is not the worst it has ever been. I do note a world war made it worse. I guess the 9.321 trillion added during Obama was not so bad. /s/ Mikek

amdx

What color is the sky on your planet?

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

These entire thread is somewhat naive at the least.

Australia Cambodia Chile Taiwan Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Czech Dominican Faroe Islands France Haiti Iceland North Korea South Korea Laos Liberia Luxembourg Malaysia Nepal Netherlands New Zealand Norway Panama Paraguay Philippines

Russia

Schleswig-Holstein Serbia Sint Maarten Slovakia Slovenia Thailand United Kingdom United States

All use Red White and Blue as their national (State) colors.

NOTE: Russia is in this number as well.

Funny thing: Starting around 1938, European politics started moving distinc tly to the right. And, much of Europe started appeasing a dictator to the e ast. We all know how that turned out, although some few are in denial or wo uld like to be.

Today, US & AND European politics are moving distinctly to the right, and w e are busy appeasing a dictator to the east.

?Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.? ?? George Santayana, 1905

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

And all have the same claptrap about Blood, Purity and Honor.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Foxs Mercantile

Schleswig-Holstein is not a country.

Reply to
bruce2bowser

They would like to think so, and claim a "national" flag. Go figure.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw