I destroyed my television

I got cable t.v. and watched it for a couple of hours and got so bored with the programming that I threw a bowling ball through my television. I then took the bowling ball and smashed the tv into about 20 different pieces. I called my cable operator and told them that I wanted to cancel. They asked me why I am cancelling the service and all I told them that I had better not receive another bill from them. I hung up the phone. Cable T.V. is nothing more than 100 dollars a month for NYPD Blue reruns.

With all the money that I am saving I can put it toward food. I bought a bunch of twinkies and oreos and used them to fill the void once left by my 27 inch TV.

Whenever I start get bored I just start eating.

Reply to
Sitre Magana

Art

The last time I listened to the radio I got so sick on Joshua Kadison - Beautiful in my Eyes that I shut off the radio and never turned it back on. I have 5200 cassette tapes and 100 C.D.s so I would never think about turning on the radio. The amazing thing is in the last few years they have introduced a cable version of radio - satellite radio. I can't believe a couple of million people are actually paying a monthly fee to listen.

The cost of a month of satellite radio is about as much as a C.D. I would rather C.D.s then subscribe to satellite each month so I can have control of what I listen to and not have to put up with Donna Summer all the time.

Also, for the price of a satellite radio receiver (which are usually junk) I can upgrade my stereo system. I got a JVC tape deck which I bought used for $20.00. It's got auto-reverse, music search, HX-Pro which makes playback sound better and Dolby B&C. It's about 12 years old but it works better than anything made today.

I got it hooked up to 5 Pyle PT-4000 amps which put out 2000 watts, or

1000 watts per channel. I don't even have a volume control. Imagine thumping Glen Houston at 10,000 watts.
Reply to
Sitre Magana

While I wouldn't go so far as to destroy my TV, I can agree with you in points. I still listen to a local FM station which plays a HUGE variety of music. It is free, no subscription. TV is more sports, soaps, news, etc. than I care to watch. I pick and choose very carefully what I want to see. I don't spend "hours" in front of it. I rarely watch it - except to fall asleep by. I know you can't always expect a free ride or free lunch, but it is to the point - every where you turn now days - you're having to pay out your ass to live. My ISP may not be the greatest since sliced bread - but it does what I need it to do. Slow only on downloads of pictures. Otherwise, I'm saving $120 a year from what my former ISP charged. Yeah, it's worth that much.

Reply to
Radiosrfun

I know this a troll post but I just can't help myself.

The reason you fail to appreciate radio or TV is that you put zero effort into locating content that might interest or entertain you. I've got a TV (yes! cable tv too!) which I rarely watch in real-time. I've identified a few tasty morsels of content in the sea of reality-tv trash which I record to be viewed later sans commercial interruptions. As far a radio goes, I get a feed from my cable tv which gives me, oh, maybe 50 stations. I listen to community radio music shows (reggae, some ska, heard an interesting Puerto Rican music show the other day), plus my old standby, CBC-2 (I live in Canada) which has some great shows and no advertisements. and there's the odd time when I just spin the dial up and down to see what's out there. It's not always good, but sometimes it IS good. To generalize as you have illustrates your extreme stupidity.

You must be one lazy mutha'f**ka'.

When you go to the grocery store, do you just start filling your cart in the aisle nearest door you came in, not bothering to read what's in any of the cans/bags/boxes? You must've been very happy to stumble upon the twinkie display right near the carts... it must be tough eating tomato paste every meal.

I can't imagine what you might wear: it would really depend on which stores are nearest the door you entered at the mall or which are nearest your parking spot downtown. Likely pretty scary though... I keep thinking of the cover of that Village People album way back when...

And your relationsips! I hope you don't live on a farm, as the nearest "companions" would tend to be... well, let's not go there.

Back to the troll: your participation in internet newsgroups exposes the bullshit nature of your quest for media purity. Go back in your hole, don't bother replying.

Reply to
Dave

Plenty of "free" music on the Net.

". . . void once left by my 27 inch TV" Implies that you enjoyed the TV before you got cable.

Yeah, cable was great when it was first introduced, now it is just a lot of slag designed to force consumers to pay for "Premium" services. Sort of coincides with having a few large media companies buying out the small cable providers.

Probably do the same thing to the Internet - given time, greed, and political bribes.

Newsgroups
default

destroy

TV is a tremendous time sink, and many people just get sucked into the tube, aimlessly wasting their lives. I sold my television set in 1998 and have not watched any TV since then, except by incidental availability while visiting friends, or waiting for service on my truck. Ironically, I shoot and produce television video for a part of my living, but the majority of what I see broadcast on television is just a waste of technology.

--

Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION ? FILM SCANNING ? DVD MASTERING ? AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 15,000 Watts of Driving Stereo!
Business sites at:
www.mwcomms.com
www.adventuresinanimemusic.com
-
Reply to
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

I hope everybody notice that this has all the smell and consistence of a troll. There is no point trying to produce a real answer here.

Reply to
lsmartino

lsmartino spake thus:

Well, duh.

-- Just as McDonald's is where you go when you're hungry but don't really care about the quality of your food, Wikipedia is where you go when you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch

David Nebenzahl

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 01:55:09 GMT, "Mark & Mary Ann Weiss" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I realise that the OP is a troll, but I just have to ask, if you do away with your TV, then how do you watch your DVDs?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Wind up the gramophone and use a bamboo needle.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Do you weight 400 lbs, and have nothing else better to do with your time? If you eat enough cookies and Twinkies, you will gain more weight and maybe you will suffer a stroke!

I guess your set had no channel selector to put on something descent! Then after watching TV, you can go out and do some exercise. After coming back home, you can read a good book, and maybe surf the net.

--

JANA _____

With all the money that I am saving I can put it toward food. I bought a bunch of twinkies and oreos and used them to fill the void once left by my 27 inch TV.

Whenever I start get bored I just start eating.

Reply to
JANA

Franc Zabkar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I guess he can watch them on his PC.

Reply to
sonyfan

No the reason why I fail to appreciate radio and TV is because they put zero effort into producing content that might interest or entertain me. They don't care about listeners or viewers, just making as much advertising dough as possible. As far as the radio is concerned, you can only hear "throwing it all away" so many times. Don't get me started on that crap medium known as Television. If it isn't reality TV, it's some murder show.

I got two girlfriends, Dusty which we have been together for 7 years now and Sara we have been together for 5 years now.

Reply to
Sitre Magana

I weight about 435 pounds and I am in a wheelchair.

Reply to
Sitre Magana

tube,

not

"TV" is an acronym for TeleVision. To me, that means over-the-air broadcasts. I have a large screen video monitor in the studio, on which I review footage that I shot, so clients can see the rough cuts. But I cannot watch TV on the monitor.

Reply to
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

I fail to appreciate radio and TV is because they put

You are very lucky you were not seriously injured or killed when you heaved a bowling ball through the screen of your TV. The CRT is under a very high vacuum and will implode if struck or broken; this means the glass will first be sucked into the tube, then will fly out with great force. If you are anywhere near that tube when the glass starts flying, Heaven help you.

There are better and more sane ways of dealing with disgust over poor TV programming than to destroy your television set. I don't care for a lot of what's on TV either, but I have never in all my life even come close to destroying a set in anger--if I don't like what I see on one channel, I grab my remote and select another, or look at the interactive program guide from my cable operator (or TV Guide magazine, to which I have subscribed for years) and try to find something interesting there. If I can't find anything worth watching, I just turn off the set and do something else, or else turn on a VHS video or DVD. I cannot quite believe that you could not find anything worth watching on your cable service, unless you just had basic service (only your area's local TV stations) with no other channels.

It's really none of my business, but I really think you need help managing your temper--it sounds to me like yours will go off like a short-fused bomb on a second's notice, and over the least little things. Poor television programming is nothing to get so upset over that you destroy your TV, or worse.

Good luck. I hope you get the help you need, and soon.

Jeff Strieble, WB8NHV (email addy not shown to deter spammers) Fairport Harbor, Ohio USA

girlfriends, Dusty which we have been together for 7 years

Reply to
Jeff, WB8NHV

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:26:57 -0800, Jeff, WB8NHV Has Frothed:

I once threw a Pit Bull at my Mitsubishi 35" set but it just bounced off.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

BRAVO!

at last the expression of freedom from commercialized propaganda has emerged!

may you inspire all to overcome the blasphemy of mindless brainwashing, de-socializing and de-humanizing programming content.

now, if i can ever escape from this computer, i may be able to actually grow my own food!

Reply to
<hapticz