HP vp6100 series digital projector

Hello,

is there a way to enter the service mode for the Hewlett-Packard projector vp6100? If so, how do I enter it?

Greetings,

Hendrik Hanff

Reply to
Hendrik.Hanff

what are you trying to accomplish?

Reply to
frep

The projector has the following error: It searches for a signal on all inputs when connected to a computer (Laptop, PC, Mac, I tried them all). For the glimpse of a moment you can see a picture, but for some reason it then continues searching. When I switch to manual selection of the input device, it doesn't find an input signal at all. I also tried different cables, different resolutions/frequencies and different inputs (S-VHS, VGS...) with the same result. I hoped that there is an entry in the service menu which sets back this behaviour. If not, what do you think: Is it a software misbehaviour or a hardware fault? If it is a software misbehaviour, how can i "reset" the software???

Hendrik

Reply to
hhanff

Forgot do mention: I already tried "Set back menues" and "Set back lamp". Doesn't work.

Reply to
hhanff

I don't know exactly for the model you have, but I can suggest generically from servicing these types of units. This may be a failure on the input processor board in the projector. The procedure is to swap out the board to verify this. If so, then leave the good board in the unit, and dispose of the old one.

Many of these devices do not have an internal way to enter the service mode. They use an external PC interface with the manufacture software to get in to the service mode. It is very rare that the service mode is required. When a fault occurs it is usually a failed component. Service on these units is done by board exchange. There is very little component level service supported with these devices.

--

JANA
_____

 wrote in message
Hello,

is there a way to enter the service mode for the Hewlett-Packard
projector vp6100?
If so, how do I enter it?

Greetings,

Hendrik Hanff
Reply to
JANA

OK. Thanks you for your reply. Then I will wait for a broken one on ebay to exchange the faulty component/board.

Hendrik

Reply to
hhanff