HP-618 camera schematic wanted

In particular I'm interested in the power supply and sense circuit that tell the processor the battery state. The camera appears to be factory set for alkaline batteries where 4 x AA's are about 6 vdc. If you use NiMh (as everybody does) the most you can get out of 4 x AA's is around 5.2 vdc. The result is that when the camera thinks the batteries are out of juice and shutsdown, you can take those batteries, put them in a flashlight, and they are really bright...there is a lot of power left. I would like to tweek that circuit (hopefully its just a resistor change) to be better suited for NiMh batteries.

Thanks

Dan

Reply to
Dan K

Greetings Dan..

Good luck getting anything regarding schematics out of HP for their _consumer_ electronics. They have a very simple premise in this regard, IF you're not an "authorized" HP Service Center, you're not entitled to such information. Thus, you *have* to send it to HP for service. Twenty-twenty hindsight, dictates that folks that do this out of warranty figure out sooner than later how expensive owning HP can really be! Although there may be rare exceptions, most consumer electronics companies won't do this. When I state doing this, I mean fully detailed schematics with parts lists and board layouts with part designations. That's simply why I tend to spend a bit more for the electronics I buy (especially regarding two-way radio communications) so I've got access to the service manuals.

In addition, since a LOT of this electronics we're seeing these days are coming out of China, even for the U.S. based companies so they can compete, quite honestly, often the manufacturer has limited access to fully detailed schematics! Part of that Chinese to English translation SNAFU. Unfortunately, it's not like buying good high quality Japanese equipment OR _older_ U.S. products where they often put a good deal of effort into technical documentation. Truly a throw-away attitude - unfortunately - but true. Perhaps, this is what HAS, thus far, distinguished the U.S., U.K., Japanese markets from the now Chinese markets where documentation is really an afterthought - if that! Their motto, they'd rather build you another one while our companies that import their goods would much rather sell you another one at approx.

5X markup prices.

Cheers, Mr. Mentor

Reply to
dBc