HP 612 camera question!

Put a memory card in it with pictures from another camera, & it reads "no pictures in memeory card"! With a formatted card, after you take some pictures, it "locksup", & you can't get them out of the camera, unless you put the card into another camera! Any recalls, common faults, or firmware upgrades? Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Hi...

Don't know HP cameras very well at all; but I'd strongly suggest you clean the contacts as best you are able.

Just as a side thought - if you remove the card and use only the internal memory (I think it has 8 megs) how does that work?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Try a new memory card, in case the one you have has some type of defect. I have seen this before. If the new card does the same thing, then the camera has an I/O problem.

The camera is fixed by swapping the board that has the I/O on it, and then doing the re-calibration. The camera would have to be serviced by the manufacture, or their rep who would be properly equipped to re-calibrate it.

--

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

BTW: The card working properly in another camera: Correct?? Is the other camera the same HP-612 or a different manufacturer and model? <

Reply to
Art

On the HP 315, you get results like this if you put in a memory card larger than 16 MB. HP offers no fix, just a suggestion that you buy a separate memory card reader to get the pictures from memory into your pc.

Reply to
Chuck