Camera module with fast wakeup time

I am currently using a C328-7640 camera module controlled via a ATmega16 micro.

The camera takes VGA color pictures and formats them into JPEG, its a nice little unit except that I need to put it into sleep mode and trigger it only when I need a picture.

The issue is that after I place the camera into sleep mode it takes 2 to 3 seconds for it to be awakened and be ready to take the next picture.

Does anybody know of a similar module with a faster wakeup time. I'm not looking for instantaneous time anything under .5 second range would work fine.

The objects are between 6 to 10 feet away.

thanks for any suggestions

Sal

Reply to
Sal P.