how to find h frequency on monitor

monitor

You can do it with an oscilloscope. Hold the probe close to the high voltage cable without touching it (inductive coupling) and count the time between pulses. The inverse of that number is the drive frequency.

You can do the same thing by connecting the probe directly to the horizontal yoke leads.

Reply to
Matt J. McCullar

Yeah, if you want to smoke the probe. :)

If what the poster really meant was to determine the acceptable scan range of a computer monitor, there is no easy guaranteed safe (for the monitor) way. Specifications rule!

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Is there an easy way to figure out the horz frequency on ac computer monitor ( cga, ega , etc) Like looking for rc combination.

TIA

Wendell

Reply to
<redd103