How to convert VCR from PAL BG/DK to PAL/I ?

How to convert VCR Philips VR 451/59 from PAL BG/DK to British PAL/I ?

Reply to
flobber

The only basic difference between PAL B and PAL I that will cause you any trouble, is the sound spacing, +5.5MHz for PAL B, and +6.0MHz for UK PAL I.

With most TV's and VCR's, it is only necessary to locate the sound intercarrier 5.5 meg filter ( usually a 3 legged device that's either matt buff colour, or shiny blue, and looks like a small polyester cap ) and replace it with a similar 6 meg type. You can usually cull one from an old scrap chassis. They normally have either " 5.5 " or " 6.0 " printed on the side of them. Once you have replaced the filter, you normally need to slightly retune the demodulator coil ( assuming that it has one ). Used to do quite a few, but haven't recently. As far as I know though, the sound IF strip hasn't changed any.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily