Horizontal stripes on Samsung ML-1640

Hi, Yesterday, I got a laser printer Samsung ML-1640 with this problem:

The interval is 75 mm which points to the the drum (diameter of 24 mm). Last year I had the very same problem with another ML-1640 which I fixed by inserting a refilled and tested drum-toner-cartridge from Ebay. Does anyone here have an idea what the cause of this problem could be? The cartridge can be disassembled to the last piece which I did once without finding anything suspicious.

Thanks in advance Jens

Reply to
Jens Herrmann

Remove and shake it all about, the developer gets clumpy and blocks normal rotation of the material

Reply to
N_Cook

The obvious answer is the "dumb" and arguably useless one -- the drum has been damaged in some way.

Has the cartridge been left outside the printer for an extended time, especially in bright light? Many laser printers use an organic photo-conductive drum coating that can be damaged by prolonged exposure to light.

Outside of cleaning the drum, and the entire paper path, I don't know what to suggest.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Found that to be the case in both cartridges with the help of a guy in a forum. I will buy a replacement cartridge again.

I got the device in used condition and do not know what has been done before. Can things like that also happen by not using the device for a long time? Just because the roller is at the same spot all the time?

Regards Jens

Reply to
Jens Herrmann

See the other posting for the solution. BTW, this model does not have the classical developer/toner system anymore. There is just a toner box saturating a roller (with an excess wiper) which on the other side touches the drum.

Regards Jens

Reply to
Jens Herrmann