Hirachi 60SX8B 60" RPTV AP-43B Chassis - No convergence/correction

Hi all, A friend has offered to give me a 60" Hitachi 60SX8B Rear Projection Television that's in need of service. While not a TV tech, I know enough not to get myself killed, and have been successful at some basic TV repairs before, so I want to give this one a shot. However, as it's a rather large set, I want to have some questions answered before I go through the effort of bringing it home, as it's not a small set. The story behind this TV is along fhe lines of my friend called a repair person, they came out, installed "something" and were supposed to come back and finish the job and never did, and my friend never called them back, and it's sat there broken for about the past year. I went over to look at the TV, and it appears to have no deflection correction/convergence at all (Green is relatively square, which is logical given that it's in the middle of the set, red and blue are relatively un-square, given that thy are firing on angles, that makes sense also. User convergence has no effect on either color/direction (lines don't move at all). My current thought is that there's a power supply rail for the convergence section that's bad - or does this model use an integrated convergence amp for all 3 colors? Before I go through the effort of moving this to my house, anyone have any guesses? In particular, I'm hoping someone can verify if there's supposed to be a convergence daughterboard (and if so, where it's located in the unit) as I want to verify that the servicecenter didn't fail to return a part to the set before I go to the effort of moving it.

Thank you, Eric Kotz snipped-for-privacy@erickotz.com

Reply to
newsgroups

The STK392-110 has been replaced by the STK392-150 by Hitachi. New part number CZ00433. I would not recommend using the -110 at all anymore, particularly the cheap generic knock-offs. I just did another call last week where I went behind another servicer who used some cheap generic -110s and it lasted about 3 months.

You can get original Sanyo chips from ACME, B&D, or Electronica for less than the Hitachi parts.

Leonard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 3619 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

I don't have the set readily accessible to me, so I can't check this, but are they on a daughterboard of some type, or just on the main board of the chassis? Thanks.

Art wrote:

Reply to
newsgroups