New Insidious Phish INSIDE Ebay

logged into ebay, searched for AIWA reel to reel . Got three hits, clicked on the first one titled VGC AIWA 3-HEAD REEL-TO-REEL - MDL TP-1011 The Ebay log on screen came up, but it had that 'made in china' look to it. So I clicked on the next listing, opened fine. Clicked on the third and fourth listings, both opened fine. Clicked again on the first one, up comes the log on screen. Talk about a bunch of no good bastards! I would love to cut the nuts off the shitheel that did this. I entered some gibberish username and password, and the 'this listing has been discontinued' Ha. Sure it has. Beware. regards, Tom ps, the listing is STILL up, go take a look! Just search for AIWA reel to reel

begin 666 iconNew_16x16.gif M1TE&.#EA$ `/`*(``/__F?__`/_,,__,`/]F`&9F9@```/___R'Y! 44``+K

Reply to
t.hoehler

Did you report it to eBay?

I gotta admit, eBay is really going downhill fast. Between the thousands of fake Ralph Lauren "cashmere" sweaters now being sold by overseas counterfeiters (they're acrylic not cashmere) to this clown:

Yes, for only $6.50 you too can buy a LINK to a company that sells this video card (anyone can type '7800GS+' into Google and get the exact same link for free). I reported this one and eBay responded that this kind of ripoff is not against any of their policies. Two morons have already paid the guy his $6.50 so far.

Never could stop natural selection, and never will I guess.

Reply to
ScottL

Yep check this out:

default

Yes I did, and twenty minutes later, the listing was gone. I told them I wanted an answer to my email, we'll see. regards, Tom

Reply to
t.hoehler

Couple of things:

(1) Are you sure it was phishing? What was the URL of the counterfeit logon screen?

(2) Is there any way a legitimate eBay listing could require logon to see it? Can people designate their listings as visible to subscribers only?

Reply to
mc

(2) No way does Ebay require or allow this. Whether you are a sub or a non sub, you can browse to your heart's content. As greedy as Ebay is, you KNOW they wouldn't allow this! Good questions, both. regards, tom

Reply to
t.hoehler