Hint on repairing old analog oscilloscope

My old oscilloscope displays some "blur" when using both channels simultaneously, see picture at

Is this a leaking capacitor in the chopper circuit or what should I look for?

The model is an "Advance OS 1000".

Reply to
Jens Jacobsen

The photo really doesn't look that bad. There will always be a bit more fuzziness with chopped than with single channel or alt. Do you know for sure it was better before?

-- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Samuel M. Goldwasser

nt=2&rank=2

Your scope was made about 35 years ago. As long as the traace mixing is consistent and stable and not intrusive, stay with it until something more problematic appears.

N_Cook