Help With Small Motor

The album

shows a small motor and impeller from a water pump. I cannot figure out how to get the impeller off as the other end of the shaft is enclosed. I am trying to replace the bearing. Google is not helpful. Thank you.

Reply to
Klay Anderson

All good as is what follows. However, I would go with standing the motor rotor-up and putting some Kroil, Penetrating Oil or some similar material onto the shaft end and let it sit for 24 hours before attempting to remove the impeller. Further, if you can clamp the pump in some way as to render it rigid, it would make the process easier. As these things go, typically, impeller removal is not overly difficult if the shaft has not corroded such that it has swollen into the impeller. And when you put it back together, a we touch of anti-seize would not go amiss.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

-------------------

12/15/2022 3:05 PM, Klay Anderson wrote: > > The album
shows a small motor and impeller from a water pump. I cannot figure out how to get the impeller off as the other end of the shaft is enclosed. I am trying to replace the bearing. Google is not helpful. Thank you.

** Looks like a special driver is needed, one with a centre pin and two flats. Also watch out for the thread to be reverse to normal.

..... Phil.

I would recommend starting by trying to get any tiny motion turning

Reply to
Phil Allison

The threads will be set to tighten the impeller in the normal spin direction. So, to remove it, turn it in the running direction.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.