Help...Sony KV32S20 won't turn on

My TV just shut off out of nowhere, and now it won't turn on anymore. There was no smoke or sounds or anything. It just shut off as if the power went out. The "stereo/stand by" light isn't on anymore either. Anyone have a problem like this? Should I take off the back panel to see if I can find anything wrong?

--
mallik
Reply to

Taking of the back would be a good start.. Most probably needs PS rebuilding along with bad solder connections in Hor section possibly bad HOT as well. kip Best take it in to a Repair Shop

Reply to
kip

You're best to take it to a Sony service centre, or someone who is very experienced on servicing Sony TV sets. The fault may be in the power supply, and or the horizontal output stage. Troubleshooting these types of faults will require experience in TV servicing, and having the basic tools and service information to start with.

There are also serious safety issues when working in TV sets.

--

JANA _____

My TV just shut off out of nowhere, and now it won't turn on anymore. There was no smoke or sounds or anything. It just shut off as if the power went out. The "stereo/stand by" light isn't on anymore either. Anyone have a problem like this? Should I take off the back panel to see if I can find anything wrong?

-- mallik

Reply to
JANA