HDMI problem on RP JVC

digital

Yeah, I've read that. I haven't taken the back off, but I bought it second-hand, so it could have been serviced in the past. However, there is a way to reset the HDMI module from within the service menu (you do a self-check, then turn off the tv from within the menu and unplug for 30 seconds, according to a few forums I've read). However, I don't know how to get into this service menu.

Reply to
jordo

digital

Thats not what I was told by JVC, but if you think it will fix it give it a try;

SERVICE MENU setting a) Press [SLEEP TIMER] key and, while the indication of SLEEP TIMER 0 MIN is being displayed, press [DISPLAY] key and [VIDEO STATUS] key on the remote control unit (Fig.2) simultaneously. b) The SERVICE MENU screen of Fig.1 is displayed. c) Verify what to set in the SERVICE MENU, and set whatever is necessary

Be very careful NOT to change any settings if you don't want to create a boat ancor.

Steve Steve Tomaszewski N2PTJ

6 North Hill Dr Ballston Lake, NY 12019 518-877-5528
Reply to
Steve

A great idea just popped in my brain 2:

y don't u stop being such a big fat meanie that nobody likes so somebody can like u u big fat meanie

Reply to
Ashleigh Cope

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:04:47 -0400, Steve put finger to keyboard and composed:

Do you have a circuit diagram of the HDCP/HDMI module?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 23:29:55 GMT, jordo put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'd just search the registry for "EDID" or "monitor". The data have to be there somewhere, unless Vista decodes the EDID, stores the supported scan rates and resolutions, and then discards the raw data.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:29:13 GMT, jordo put finger to keyboard and composed:

Have you tried setting your PC's resolution to 640 x 480 and experimenting with different refresh rates, eg 60Hz ???

Can you at least get into the "digital-in" option of your Initial Setup menu? If so, then according to page 47 of your user manual, this would confirm that your TV is receiving a HDMI 480p picture signal at the Digital-In terminal.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Why are you replying to your Curtis Brown sock? Have you lost your mind or just bored because nobody else replies except to slap you around?

Reply to
Meat Plow

The HDMI port on my SA 8300 is buggy too. Sometimes losing the sound when switching channels. Sometime losing the default aspect ratio having to switch back to an HD channel to 'reset' it.

Reply to
Meat Plow

The "Digital-In" option is greyed out, but the "digital-in audio" and "center ch input" options are available...

Reply to
jordo